Last Modified: September 27, 2019
What information do we collect?
- We may collect two basic types of information, personal information and anonymous information, and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. Personal and anonymous information may be collected directly from you through the use of our services and through this site.
- We collect information from you when you interact with the website (including through providing responses to prompts), respond to a communication such as e-mail, participate in our chat rooms or message boards, or participate in another site feature, and information about the way you interact with the website.
- When creating an account, you may enter your name, e-mail address, mobile phone number, and physical and mailing address.
- Like many web sites, we may use "cookies" and other tracking mechanisms to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. We may collect at least the following: your domain name and host for Internet access; the Internet address of the site from which you came; the date and time of your access; your computer's IP address and information about its operating system, browser and host; and the pages you visit. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use information collected on the website, which may include your personal information, for various purposes. In general, we use the personal information we collect to pursue our mission and operations, including the management of our site and to engage in related activities. You should assume that we will use all information for all lawful purposes.
We reserve the right, but do not undertake a duty, to notify you of court orders, subpoenas or other legal process if allowed. If you do not want us to respond to legal process compelling us to disclose your information, you need to seek a valid order permitting us to refuse to disclose it and serve the order on us at least three business days before the response deadline.
We reserve the right to use, disclose, retain, share, sell and otherwise deal with all information collected via the site internally or to third parties, for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others. For example, and without limitation, in our discretion we may use the information to:
- understand how visitors navigate through our websites, to enhance your experience while using our websites, and to make the materials we post as valuable to visitors as possible;
- send you periodic emails or electronic information (If you would no longer like to receive communications from us, please refer to the "How can you remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below.);
- disclose information to service providers and others in order to deal with requests and questions from you; and to assist or respond to our agents (including auditors);
- we may share your information with selected recipients to perform functions required to provide certain Services to you. You will need to accept third party service providers Terms of Service and their Privacy Policies.
- disclose information to government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft, as well as voluntary disclosures; and
- disclose any matter relating to the site not listed in this Policy, but which is not prohibited by law from being disclosed.
- Funding and transaction information related to your use of certain Services may be recorded on a public blockchain, for example Ethereum. Public blockchains are distributed ledgers, intended to immutably record transactions across wide networks of computer systems. Ethereum blockchain is open to forensic analysis which can lead to deanonymization and the unintentional revelation of private financial information, especially when blockchain data is combined with other data. Because blockchains are decentralized or third-party networks that are not controlled or operated by the Company or its affiliates, we are not able to erase, modify, or alter personal Information from such networks.
- We do not purport to have listed all possible disclosures that we might make. This Policy is intended to help you understand our general practices. This Policy is not a promise that your information will never be disclosed except as described above. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access information transmitted to or contained on the site, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information, despite a lack of permission. Although we use what we believe to be commercially reasonable practices to protect your privacy, that does not mean, and you should not expect it to mean, that your information or communications will always be private or protected.
We generally will retain information for as long as required, allowed or for as long as we believe it useful. If you cease using the site, or your permission to use the site is terminated, we may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. We do not undertake retention obligations through this Policy. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law.
DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY
WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION IN ANY FORM. We do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
Some browsers allow you to choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, and some browsers enable you to choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through the settings on your browser (like Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer). Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu or other features to learn the correct way to modify the manner in which your browser handles cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to certain features on the site.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce our site policies; protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety; or as otherwise described in the "How do we use your information?" section above.
How can you remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To change or delete your online account information from our database, please contact us directly through one of the means identified in the "How to Contact Us" section below. You may also be able to unsubscribe from receiving emails from us by informing one of our third-party providers of your desire to unsubscribe.
Are you visiting our site from outside the United States?
If you are visiting our website from outside of the United States or otherwise contacting us from outside of the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our site, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
California Residents Only - Disclosures to Direct Marketing Entities
This notice applies only to California residents and is made pursuant to California Civil Code § 1798.83. As noted above, we may disclose personal information about you, such as your email address, to third parties. If we disclose personal information about you to a third party and the third party will use that information for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to contact us at email@example.com to request that we notify you as to: (1) what categories of personal information we shared with the direct marketer; and (2) the name and address of the direct marketing businesses with whom we shared such information, and if the nature of the direct marketing businesses cannot be reasonably determined from its name, examples of the products or services marketed.
Third Party Links
We may include third party links on our site. Many of these linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Except for sites controlled by us, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach
If we are required to provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our website or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting, and agree to pass the notice on to them.
We do not want to collect information from children. Do not provide any personal information unless you are at least 13 years of age, and please caution your children not to provide any. If a child under 13 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may so inform us by contacting us through any means offered in the "How to Contact Us" section below, and we will use reasonable efforts to delete it from our database, subject to applicable law and this Policy.
If you believe you are a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at the address below and we'll explain what information we require in order to respond. After receiving that information, we'll supply (without charge) information we then have that we are legally required to provide (subject to applicable law and reserving all rights and defenses).
Changes to Our Policy
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes on this page. Policy changes will apply only to information collected after the date of the change.
How to Contact Us
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to the following: Linen Mobile, Inc. 44 Tehama St, Francisco, CA, 94105. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Policy Only
This Policy applies only to information collected online, including through our website and mobile application, and not to information collected offline.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Linen App Terms of Service establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of certain websites.
* * * * *